Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Rightie and Covenite walk into the pit...

Sounds like a joke right?  The title of this entry?  Well thats how it felt the other night when I decided to go pay the shadows a visit.  But I'm getting ahead of myself...

So its been a little while longer since I've wrote, but I've truly not had anything note-worthy happen.  I am more used to my new body now.  It seems eager to do my bidding... at least physically.  Mentally, still an issue to realize that I can't just do whatever anymore.  It has its pros and cons, as I am sure everything does.  But I get by and for now that is all I am concerned about.

Leadership has changed, again, for the shadows... thats five in the last year or so if I'm correct.  Perhaps that much dark power is simply overwhelming?  Or maybe they just get tired of being a leader.  It isn't my concern... the more they change leadership the weaker they grow, so yay for us right?

Drea cornered me in the blood bath the other day.  Was lecturing me on how I should go back to what I 'should' be, a vampire.  Granted it is strange to see an angel playing in the bloodpool like a bird in a birdbath... but if I was 'supposed' to be a vampire, wouldn't I still be one?   Lou said something similar to me returning to my former self.... but I just pointed out how fail his family is now, and left the conversation. Speaking of the vampires though.... Raiden came to me a few weeks ago telling me he'd been turned into a lycan.  Bad news. Zoey was destroyed.  Worse news.

I'll write more about Zoey coming back later... but it seems everything has changed.  Zoey and Rai are lycans, I'm an angel... none of the leaders are the same anymore.  I did give xion back his mortality though, I figured since I had killed him twice, I owed him one.  He's back to being a feline, so that at least is familiar...

So on to my adventures at the pit.  Miss Russ from the Coven came by the church the other day, and spoke with Tora and I about some demon wanting me dead.  Surprise surprise right?  He stupidly told Russ when she refused to do it, he was going to the shadows, so Russ and I took a field trip to the pit.  Once there, the only person around was Bri.  That is one kitten that scares the living shit out of me... One of the very few Shadows that I still... don't like messing with.  Bri more or less answered that the demon hadn't come to the pit specifically... then the new leader of the shadows showed up.  I think his name is Jan?  He was... cordial which was something I never expected.. especially from the leader of the Shadows but meh.  We got out answers and left.

I need entertainment.  I find being in the Righteous lately more burdensome than freeing.  I help train them to fight, torture, basically a big sister figure to a few of them.  Perhaps its because its been a year since I left the shadows?  Perhaps its because I see the Kindred failing as a family?  As an angel shouldn't I feel more compelled to be a better righteous?  These are the questions that keep me up at night.

2 comments:

  1. Blueray Darkes will once again return to the streets on one of her many visits, she heard rumours odd rumours and somewhat joyous ones that her father had returned to the Pit. Her father Janvier the name she tossed around like a ball in a ball park, but she is his daughter and he was once the Lord two years back. Aww poor dilluisioned people who think the change means weakness, that particular demon rose the House twice to greatness and he can do it again. Only this time she won't be a part of it, she simply watches from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You: Hello is anyone here? Christine peeks timidly into the front door of the Pit which she is surprised to find open 'Hello" she calls out again then waits in the silence listening for a reaction but hearing only her own heart beating loudly

    Taking a few steps inside she stops to allow her eyes to adjust to the darkness of the place she see a few large size cages against the far wall lots of cobwebs and dust, "Ah no wonder it's know as the pit",...she says swatting at some webs which cling to her hair, "All this time I thought it was because of some terror like leave your hope behind when you come in here,...that sort of thing, I didn't realize till now that the name refers to the state of cleanlyness in here!"

    "I should have brought a vacumn cleaner or something, " she smiles for the first time since getting the crazy ideal to go inside and have a look around "Looks deserted wonder where all the demons are?"

    "Oh wow look at you!" Christine stands in front of a large aquarium with a rather large snake inside, she leans close to the glass for a better look wondering , fearing, doubting, finally asking out loud "Joenta?"

    ReplyDelete