Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life story...

On my way to the church last night, I spotted Denethorn perched on the bench outside of Haven.  Of course I skipped over and decided to talk, its been a few days since I had spoke with him.  Its weird, thinking back over the last few months.  That angel used to be one I could not stand.. one that I absolutely wanted to destroy.  Now, he's my mentor, my father... and I hate to admit it, but I think I've actually grown to care about him...*shudders*  His wife is a delight though, I went to her about a problem a few weeks ago, and she fixed it without so much as a question... where as he would have questioned me till the death... She's one I'm proud to call family as well...

Speaking of family, after Denny and I exchanged barbs, we got on the subject of my life story... my history in our shithole little town.  It surprised me that he was interested.... even more surprising I told him the story that very few know about myself.... and on the heels of that encounter I feel the need to write it down, preserve it perhaps?  Those whom do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... and most of mine I have no desire to repeat.

I grew up in Toxia.  I was born and raised in the same shitty town I call home now.  The daughter of a factory worker, and a waitress at the diner.  I had an older brother, Remi.  We lived decently enough.  Mom didn't have to constantly work at the diner, but rather worked there before Christmas, mine and Remi's birthdays, whenever we needed a bit of spare cash.  I was spoiled... There was nothing I wanted that I didn't get.... Remi rightly called me a brat almost all the time.  I never disputed that.  I was spoiled and I knew it... but it didn't bother me.  I was destined for greater things than to be cursed to live in Toxia all my life.  I excelled in school, made the grades, the teams... anything and everything went my way, whether I deserved it or not....

I left home two months after graduating... Having gotten into my first choice school, I put a couple hours between my family and I.  I wanted nothing to do with them, or that town... I rarely went home, generally only for Christmas break.  I found an apartment and a job close to campus... and started really living MY life.

The day before the 'incident' as we all call it now, my mother called me.  She had this feeling that something bad was going to happen.  The factory workers had all been whispering that the owners of the factory had been doing illegal dumping of the chemicals... I blew her off.  Stuff had happened before didn't it?  Didn't the town always pull through?  I wanted nothing to do with them or my recent connection to my past.  I didn't want my friends to know the hicks that were family... So I told her no, and hung up, going to work or school.... I can't remember now.

The more I thought of it that day, the more uneasy I got.  My mom had called me repeatedly throughout the day, and I kept hitting silence on my phone.  Finally, shortly after it got dark, I gave up.  I tried to call her back.  The phone didn't ring, it didn't do anything... it was dead air.  I was supposed to go to a party but instead I packed a small bag of clothes, grabbed my keys and phone, and hopped in my car, driving home.

The years have twisted my memory of how exactly I got to the city... but even if I live to be as old as Denenthorn himself, I will never forget the sight that greeted me.  Buildings had fallen, fires everywhere, bodies, blood... the sirens... The way they wailed... sent chills down my spine.  I immediately tried to go home, but never could find it.  Maybe my mind was messed up from all the destruction... but I never saw our home again.  Slowly, I made my way to the diner, where I knew my mom had been scheduled to work... and she had been there for her shift.  She had a rose tattooed on her wrist.  She had gotten it when I was in elementary school.  It was her's and dad's names in the flower, with mine and Remi's names on the leaves... thats how I knew it was her body parts that littered the diner floor.  Her .... torso, her blood... I vomited... and ran out of the building.

As the night wore on, I saw creatures... such strange beasts... Things I had never seen, not even in the worst of movies.  I stuck to the shadows, to the alleys... I managed to make it to where the factory was, trying to find my father or brother.  My brother had started working there shortly after I left for school.  I ran into a couple people that my family knew, and begged them for any information... Remi hadn't showed up for his shift, but my dad had... and my dad, got sucked into something when the first series of explosions started.  He was gone as well.  No one had any information on Remi... And I realized I was alone... and that I was going to die.  Somehow, I found my way into an abandoned building, I found a dark corner and curled up... having what was certainly a mental breakdown.  My family was gone and it was my fault... I cried for a long time... the sounds of the chaos outside filled my head.. the smells of blood, death, burnt flesh invaded my lungs... Somehow, unconsciousness found me after what seemed like an eternity.

I woke up, and found myself still in this nightmare, but I wasn't alone.  There was a male standing a few feet from me, with his arms out, beckoning me.  He promised to take away the pain, take away the loss.. what choice did I have?  I made a choice that night.. and I died for it.  Died by his hand, by his lips...

Years went by, and finally he had to leave me... said he had business and he set me loose on the city.  After so long being imprisoned, I was lost.  I had no clue how to hunt, how to survive... I found my way to the shelter, and was taken in by Servher... he was the feline that ran the joint.  I spent awhile there, making friends, exploring, learning what I could till the day the Matriarch of the Reckoning showed up.  Lady Vishous as Servher called her.  She took me in, and begin to show me exactly how to live as a vampire... how the world was mine for the bleeding... and I had a family again, for a short time...

The rest of my story will have to come later... I find myself almost wallowing since Denenthorn asked for my tale.  The history of my time here seems to be crowding my thoughts... Perhaps after I write them down.... my path will become clear once more...

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, Poor Savy, she went through a lot. But wow knowing her past just makes me love her more. lol Savy, you got my stomach knotted with the way you write while I was reading, its like,"Omg what next.."

    ReplyDelete